Monday, July 15, 2013

Using my thrift finds.

I thrift many fabrics because I am obsessed with it, but I have come to the conclusion that I will never use my accumulations in my lifetime. I've been cleaning it out and offering some to friends, donating to good causes and listing most for sale. Since my daughters remade my sewing space for me I have made the time to actually sew. Getting some of my ideas out of my head and just having some fun. I have been sewing since I was seven years old and I still enjoy it.
 
This weekend:
 
 

I cut oven mitts and potholders out of vintage reclaimed fabric. I'm in love with this fruit pattern and lately I've been making things for myself. I've got to find a few more thrifted packages of double fold bias tape for this project. Then it was time to create a soft toy out of all the pieces of scrap that has been accumulating. Also trying to use up a shoe box full of rick rack.
I'm pleased with the result and will be listing these on my store, butterflyplace.etsy.com, and see what happens.
 
 
 
I hope every one has a wonderful week.
 



No comments: