Sunday, January 14, 2007

End of year update and you can too.







I would like to wish everyone a Happy New year and show you what the Craft Zone looked like at the end of 2006. It was a struggle, but we have it moving along at quite a pace and I believe that it will continue. Thanks to help from my friends I have achieved what I consider the most important goal of my life. A business of my own. I have nothing but positive vibes about this and although I am worn thin I know it is growing steadily and 2007 will be less stressful now that it is physically near completion. I hope everyone who has helped enjoys this update.

You can do it too. I was looking through a popular country catalog before Christmas and saw a granny square afghan listed for $95 plus tax and shipping and couldn't believe my eyes. I set out to do it for the most reasonable price that I could and believe it or not I did it for under six dollars. I got remnants of yarn from freecycle and Crafts Bits and Pieces in Fairport and combined them with what I had and sure enough I only needed to purchase one skein fo white yarn to complete the project. Sure I had to make it myself, but you can too and I will teach you. Please contact me if you are interested. It's not as hard as it looks.
P.S.
Ginger girl was the sewing project for the holidays. She had sewn on buttons, some embellishments and it was a great lesson in sewing around curves. The kids enjoyed the project and we are beginning to see much improvement in their hand stitching skills and machine stitching skills. You're never too old to have fun.

No comments: