Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Quilt is in Lake View




Okay it took some time, but it is finished and on my granddaughter's bed. She loved it and said it almost touches the floor. It turned out better than I thought, but after hours on the floor putting the layers together I managed to get it to her one week after her 13th birthday. It was so big and fluffy and I fell in love with it too. Lisa has named it Juicy Fruit because of all the colors involved. It will brighten her room for sure and make her feel like a special person.


I have also found temp work while I look for permanent employment. I've heard there aren't any jobs out there, but I've had little problems coming up with something. Not what I want to do permanently yet, but at least it's an income and I have my business moving too. My spirits have never been higher and I can see all possibilities. Never stop dreaming. The universe has many directions for us to follow.


I can't believe that summer is almost over for the kids. Besides a bad case of Bronchitis summer has been wonderful, but I know that my favorite time of year is here because of all the pears that are in containers on the deck. Lisa and I managed to pick about two bushel's this weekend and now we will have to find them a home. Too many for the two of us. I can smell the pie now and the air has felt like fall the past two days. So here's to the last days of summer and everyone please have a safe and wonderful Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

Sooz said...

Elaine, the quilt is gorgeous! It always feels so good when a project is completed.

I am glad to hear you found temp work. You sound happier than you have in ages.

Thanks for the fun times this summer... it shows me an end is in sight.