Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year and a prosperous year full of thrifting.


I found a few new thrift items through the holiday week, but I'm saving them for a bit. I am listing items for sale on my etsy store, butterflyplace.etsy.com. Feel free to look and shop. I enjoy sitting out in the patio enclosure on those mild summer nights and I have even done some quilting at the large table out there. There isn't a lot of light so I am always trying to make what light I have work better for me. There is a very large picture window that connects to the family room, but light does not come through that window. While on one of my expeditions to the thrift stores I found this wicker mirror that needed to be repaired. It was less than four dollars and with about a days worth of repair and some new paint it looked fabulous. I hung it in the window and have been enjoying more natural light and the way it made the window look smaller so much that I can't wait for summer to come around again.

No comments: