Monday, June 03, 2013

The Path

Where is this path leading?
 

With summer just around the corner it was time to take the time to figure out where my path was headed. I spent some time at the lake shore enjoying the newness of life. Breathing the fresh cool air and trying to find some inkling of an answer as to where I am headed. Today's path took me to the shore of lake Ontario.
 
 
 
Checking out the beach and enjoying the blue view.
 
 
The path took me through the park where trees older than I led me to admit that they are wiser and more understanding of the world than I. Like soldiers they shelter us from the sun and clouds.
 
 
They shelter the paths and roads like covered bridges. A natural protection from the encroaching world. These trees much older than I have no plans, don't fight their destiny and don't even worry.
 
 
Today's path took me past natural art. A tree fallen and assumed gone, but still giving beauty to any one who takes the time to look.
 
 
 
It led me past wild bushes displaying their magnificent flowers. How could I not stop and take the time to see? After all this was where the path had led.
 
 
It took me past the meadows where the deer had just walked through. It helped me smell the newness and hear the nature that surrounded me. It was a short path to travel today but it gave me insight into what I need for me. I will not worry, fight my destiny and I will stand like a soldier and enjoy the path no matter where it takes me.
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

motorgirl donna said...

Sing it sister!