Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Townhouse Homestead Tuesday

This is going to be one of my shortest posts, but I tend to create a lot of stuff to do for myself and getting my pictures taken and edited is taking to much time. So here's the update. One of the new goals (I only made two) that I wanted to achieve for 2015 was to learn how to knit socks. I'm a veteran knitter so I thought since I've knit just about everything else why not try socks. I hadn't knit with four needles in at least a decade if not longer so I was happy when it came right back to me. I don't know how it will be when I get to a smaller size needle.


I am working with a larger needle and medium weight yarn so I can see how it's done and let it sink in as a pattern. So far so good. I got the leg portion done and now on to the heel. This is the part I totally had never done before. The pattern I am using is one that starts with the cuff and works to the toe.



This is where I am today. After three attempts, I figured out how to "turn the heel" and I have picked up all the stitches I need and am ready to begin the foot part. It is a matter of following the pattern and decreasing to form the gusset and then on to the foot. The weight of this yarn means I will have a nice comfy wear around the house pair of socks. Hopefully I can get back to this over the upcoming weekend, but I'm feeling good about knitting more socks. 

4 comments:

JRitchie said...

Came across your blog via Gold Country Girls and really enjoyed reading back through all your old posts. I also love making the most of what I have!

Pinkdotties said...

oh wow look at you!!! maybe some day i will fly out there for you to teach me how to knit socks!

Sew Inspired said...

If you are learning your basic knitting now with practice you can pick it up too. Don't know why I never tried socks before. Hang in there Karla. Look how far you've come.

Sew Inspired said...

I think I'm enjoying sharing and seeing others picking up on our practices.