Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Townhouse Homestead Tuesday

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. 


I grew up just south of Irish Catholic Boston and this is not what we had for St. Patrick's Day. My corned beef is in the slow cooker, but I miss the lamb from my childhood. This tradition was adopted from my marriage and it still hangs in there. Don't get me wrong I like corned beef and cabbage I was just remembering my past. It will be a great dinner and will include brownie sundaes for dessert.


The weather is the same here in upstate NY as it was in MA this time of year. As you can see the snow is going, going, but not gone and today they are predicting rain changing to an icy mix. Normal for this neck of the woods.


As for the townhouse homestead it is getting on time to start a few tomato seeds. Not much room for growing them and really not allowed so it will only be a few. I am taking this time in between to dehydrate vegetables. Yesterday it was peas and corn and tomorrow it will be carrots. I will add these to soup and rice mixes that I will store this summer for next winter and as you can see I have a ways to go. Not a lot going on here and it feels good because I can get to my other projects that have been sitting and waiting to get done. I know it's not a farm with animals and a large garden, but it's our homestead and we do stay busy. 

Thanks for taking the time to visit and have a wonderful week.

No comments: