Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Town House Homestead Tuesday

The new house is really beginning to feel like home. It's been three months and the changes are looking good. The work list is getting shorter and the urgent structural problems are getting fixed and not turning out as bad as it could be. I had this big idea that I was going to have this great big beautiful garden and would be canning and preserving at this time, but that was quickly put on the back burner and I am still using the farm markets. I did, however, get a few vegetables planted in pots and they are growing well. Except for the pepper plant that was eaten. 


Here are my three pots/buckets of container tomatoes that are just over the moon happy and doing quite well. As you can see they are loaded with tomatoes.


I have been growing string beans in containers and starting them a couple of weeks apart so they will continue to produce for us. I also have two surviving carnival pepper plants. These I bring into the breezeway every night to keep them from being consumed by whatever country critter feels hungry. I also have spinach growing in the breezeway and many herbs. It's a glimmer of hope for the large garden that may start next year. 


We had a few appointments last week and in between we did a little thrift shopping. Here we found a mid century modern candle stand, a Wilhold sewing box and a vegetable strainer.


There are always books we enjoy. We needed a napkin holder and of course more Christmas decorations. We also found Halloween ice cube molds and the Tupperware freezer pop mold. Most items were in the 49 to 99 cent range. A couple were a bit more.


This is a set of Tupperware canisters that did not have covers. I wanted the large one for my cooking utensils, but I only needed the next to smallest one. We will find covers. It always happens.


Last, but not least we found a Pyrex round opal baking dish. Always great to find Pyrex for less than two dollars. We got the floppy disc file to hold seed packets that are getting a little out of control. I'm sure we will need more, but for now one will do and they are abundant at thrift stores and who couldn't use another plant hanger. A nice sturdy metal one for all the plants that are rooting and will need homes shortly. Well, that's what's new at the new town house homestead this week.We hope you all have a great week and thank you for stopping by. 

No comments: