Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Altered Big Shirt

I just finished converting this big shirt into this light weight house robe. At this, in between time of year my winter robe is too warm and my summer robe is too light. This shirt being 100% cotton made it just right for early fall evenings.


I didn't take a before picture, but this was a ladies size 2 X dress shirt. Today it is my robe.


I cut off the shirt cuffs and I added reclaimed lace border to the collar, sleeves and bottom. This gave it the lengths that I wanted and a little femininity. I didn't remove the collar I just stitched the lace to the existing collar to give it stability.



I thought I was done, but it still needed something. I removed the "shirt buttons" in exchange for these pearly ones and did some simple gathering with bias tape and ribbon to give it that non shirt look. It's been fun to make something for me. Hope it inspires you to make something up cycled. 

1 comment:

Pinkdotties said...

me like!