Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Townhouse Homestead Tuesday

My gardening this week has been light. Basically I'm just keeping up with my herbs and sweet potatoes that are growing so well. The work this week has been rebuilding the front flower bed. I rescued my Iris rhizomes from whatever was eating them and split them to replant and try again. 


We all know that bent over feeling I'm sure. I was so disappointed that I didn't get flowers from my dwarf Iris' this year that I decided to be bold and plant some in a pot inside. Since they only grow to be about ten inches tall I didn't think I had to much to lose by trying. 


The Lilly plant is finally giving off a multitude of beautiful flowers. Maturity is such a wonderful thing. My flea market watering can is working harder than it has in three years and oh my how the spearmint is growing. It's contained in a hanging pot and is sending off runners but it's not quite enough yet for jelly. Won't be long and I have everything I need for when it is. 


After the grounds keeper cut back the bush I repositioned my pitch fork bird house behind the Lilly and it looks so inviting by the door. I don't know if the Iris' will grow again this year, but they are in and if they make it, it will be a bright garden next Spring. I'm still waiting for them to remove part of a bush before I can work on the other side of the front garden, but this too shall come. That's what's happening at the Townhouse this week. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful week.

No comments: