Saturday, September 06, 2014

Thrift finds.

It's been a while since I've posted any of our thrift finds. So much fun doing other things and just plain doing less thrift picking.


Lately we have been getting a few items that we find for ourselves. Here are two Kokeshi dolls my daughter will add to her collection, a yellow bath towel, Tupperware Popsicle molds along with a vintage sheet and some tart pans. 


We're finding fewer and fewer pieces of good Pyrex, but this one came home with us along with a miniature Tupperware juicer, egg separator and grater. This is a stacking set that has a small cup and cover. Still more Tupperware measuring cups, a hand held grater along with a flower shaped cookie cutter for those lovely lemon lavender short bread cookies.


Here's a collection of some of the Vera scarfs we've found on recent adventures. It's a nice variety of colors and shapes.


The vintage ice cube trays are wonderful. They don't make them like they used too. The muffin tin will be added to my collection of mini tins, the hooks are to improve storage in a closet and the wonderful vintage plastic letter/mail organizer has found a place on the wall near the door to take care of business. I just love vintage organizers.


Last but not least are some fun Christmas napkins and fabric, yes that is a suction cup handle for the shower. As I'm maturing these little safety items are helping. We found some quilting magazines that we enjoy looking at, story books and greeting cards. There's so much stuff out there to rummage through and we do have a great time doing it. We usually find something, but it's not until I take the pictures and post to my blog that I realize the wonderful finds we acquire. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. I'm off to check out my bread that is rising and maybe do a little weekend house work. 

7 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

Wow - what a nice bunch of practical and pretty things! Your selection of Vera scarves is to DIE for! I must admit that I am green with envy. And I love those vintage Christmas cloth napkins, too!

Anny said...

I love finding things I can actually use!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Makes me want to get out thrifting. Trouble is I collect so much stuff and I really do not need it. I love to get cut glass and crystal..........just so pretty. I would love the yellow things. I am sure I used to have sheets like that many years ago,
nice finds
Janice

JoKnows said...

What beautiful scarves you found! My mom hunts for Pyrex for me, because I find it rare now too! I would love it if you link up this post (or any other) at my new Vintage Bliss Tuesdays linky party. Thanks, Jo.

Here's the link: http://bit.ly/1qWXI1U

Jill said...

Of course, I love the Vera - always on the hunt for those beauties!

Me, You and Magoo said...

I adore that vintage sheet! I have a wardrobe full of them, but I always want more :)
Found you via "vintage bliss tuesday' Linky

Beeshebags said...

Those suction cup handles can also be used on your 6 & 1/2" x 24" rulers in place of a rule steady.....it works and cuts down on fatigue on your wrists/hands

Hugs
Nomes