Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Town House Homestead Tuesday

Well for sure this has been an interesting week. We've had things scheduled, but we were a bit spontaneous too. Spontaneous to the point that this little fellow is now a member of the family. We've wanted to find a dog, but most dogs, two to three years old, are always gone by the time we find them. However, this past week my daughter found a Craigslist add for him. She sent a message, and within an hour she had a response that he was still available. We made arrangements to go see him and sure enough he came home with us. 


His name is Hunter and he is just over eight weeks old. He is a lab and terrier mix and I'm sure he's going to fit that name within a couple of months. In the mean-time he, and we have a lot of learning to do.


He is my daughters dog and they have more than bonded. He's been here just shy of three days. Yes he's very cute. She named him Hunter because that will be his job. Keeping those ground hogs from digging any more dens. He already has a fix on them and I haven't seen them since he's had free run of the back yard.


Don't let this cute little guy fool you. He is very smart. He's a problem solver and a con. He's trying everything including being bad for me because she's not here. He just realized this morning that she leaves and that didn't make him happy to be stuck with the old one. Oh well. It was a very hard first two days, but her co-worker brought us a crate and without hesitation after we put his blanket in it, he put himself inside and cuddled up to sleep. Two sleepless nights left us frustrated, but last night he slept for three and a half hours before needing to go out. Small steps, but we'll get there. He's got half an acre to run on, and lots of people who have come to play with him. Even our senior neighbors have offered to babysit. They love dogs. 


My seedling are doing well. Last week I got my Italian basil and Purple basil started and they have popped their heads and are growing. I think I miss basil the most through the winter, but now I can grow it in the basement under the grow lights. I will need to find some heat source for it. I'm not sure what I'm going to start this week. I have my hands full with puppy.



So the puppy took up all of Saturday and Sunday my contractors, CCH Lawn & Landscape, came and built my compost bin. I am so happy with it. They said they have some tweaking to do, but I can use it, and as you can see I've started collecting wintered leaves and brush for it. I also have a bit saved in the freezer as far as food scraps to add, along with paper and cardboard. This has been a life time dream, believe it or not, to have a place to garden and dig in the dirt. I see Hunter and I out there for many hours during the day this summer. CCH Lawn & Landscape will be back in a couple of weeks to do more work for us too. Our little homestead is taking another major step. That's what's been going on at the Town House Homestead. Thank you for stopping by and have a great week. See you soon.

No comments: