Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Town House Homestead Tuesday

So as we speak, we are getting pounded with snow. I was told, because we don't have television and I haven't checked on line, that we could have up to sixteen inches by tomorrow evening. So glad I got the outside work done when I did, and as much put away as possible. 
We are moving on with the next phase of house renovations. My daughter has obtained affordable financing to insulate the attic, basement, put in proper vents, build a new attic hatch, and replace windows. A big job we know, but it needs to be done to prevent any more damage from weather and animals. Nothing has been done for upgrades for decades, but it's all coming.


I used up the last pumpkin. It was a small one, but it made these delicious pumpkin raisin muffins. Baking them made the house smell like the holidays.


This is another baby quilt made from left over scraps of fabric. It is going to a young woman who is expecting at the first of the year. She was selected by my daughter's office along with another woman, to receive holiday gifts through the YWCA Angel program. My daughter made this one. At this point in time I think we've lost count of the scrap quilts we've donated. It always makes you feel good giving. 


I spent a couple of hours this past weekend, not canning, but vacuum sealing dog food for Hunter. Buying in bulk has been the best way to get the kibbles for him. It totaled thirty two quarts and we do it to keep the mice out of it, and it's easier to store in the deep pantry. 



Hunter has been a lot of entertainment with the snow. He's tried to catch the flakes and has chased them for hours. We tied an old nylon rope to this ball and when he drags it, it fills with snow, and he swings it to cover himself when it flies out. Who knew? Now to teach him to be out by himself. It's too cold for my aching bones and I'm totally at a loss, but at least it's not muddy any more, and he only comes in damp, not soaked and dirty. A great improvement as far as cleaning up after him. That's what's been happening at the Town House Homestead. Thank you for stopping by and have a great week. Remember to share your bounty and love.

No comments: