Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Town House Homestead Tuesday

Well, it appears that the out door work is coming to an end. I did manage to get about sixty to sixty-five cloves of hard neck garlic planted. Better late than never I suppose. With a couple of warmer muddy days we managed to get the fencing up and protect it. With my budget spent, we raked leaves for mulch. I'm sure it will be fine and all I can do now is wait. Plus the leaves can be turned under next fall as compost.


It looks so small here, but this is a good size area. Next spring we'll continue with the fencing around the whole pollination garden and keep growing. It's mostly to keep Hunter out and away from the bees while he learns not to go near it. He's really done well learning, but we know challenges are coming. 


I also managed to get some bunch onions planted to see if they'd winter well. I can't tell you how upset Hunter was that my marker sticks were on the other side of the chicken wire. Pulling them out was his favorite pastime this summer. What a puppy.


The bees are all tucked in the best we could, and they seem to be quite healthy at this point. They were out for the warmer days doing their last minute cleaning and getting ready to settle in. We are hoping they make it. It's up to them now.


I got some decorating done in the kitchen. Just simple, cheerful decorations to brighten the day. 


My red Christmas cactus bloomed one flower, but it is so pretty. It's growing strong. Pardon the dust. It's all over here along with dog hair Hunter is shedding. 


Ending this blog, I'm sharing a picture of my grandchildren. From left to right is Kalob, Amanda, and Joshua. Yesterday Kalob was sworn in to the Marine Corp. and I'm sure this morning was a big shock to him. I can only wish him well and be proud of him. That's the short of what's been happening here at the Town House Homestead. Tonight temperatures drop and they are predicting snow and cold for at least the next week, so it will be indoor work and fun. Thank you for stopping by for a visit and don't forget to share your love and bounty.


No comments: