Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Town House Homestead Tuesday

So here we are, Thanksgiving over and Christmas moving in. My daughter had the week off to relax for the Thanksgiving holiday. It gave me a little time to myself. It was just her and I for the week, and of course Hunter. We spent the time doing those little things that have needed to get done. 


Dessert was brought to us by Burwell catering. German chocolate cake for weeks, and oh how good it is. She out did herself again and we got all the blessings.


Chris from CCH Lawn and Landscape delivered the shelves. We have wanted something on this wall for nineteen months and finally they are here. 


Through the week we have continued to unpack items we've wanted on the shelves and added some Christmas decorations. We have unpacked Santa's, dishware, and books. The baskets are new and the one over Hunter's crate hides his toys. We have a ways to go with the unpacking, but it's beginning to feel like a real home.


My daughter found a three foot tree that is on top of a vintage dresser. Very Hunter proof, but I probably shouldn't speak too soon. Some of her Santa collection is on the shelf. I need to point out the new door bell. She found it on eBay and of course it's a vintage 1950's door bell. She installed it this week.


I relaxed a lot this past week because I had help with Hunter. I picked up my knitting needles again to try these ornament cozies. They turned out well and they were a small simple project.


I've also gone back to knitting more socks. This yarn was a gift and it got packed when we moved and I just found it again. I find knitting very relaxing. Once I've figured out the pattern that is. 


I got a bit done on my quilt. Not as much as I would have liked, but my hands and eyes are older now and it's tougher for me to sit. I really wish I'd started quilting when I was younger, but as they say, we were busy raising families and getting by. 


My garden has caused me stress, only because it's not happening fast enough, which I'm learning to let go of. For several reasons my garlic bed is still not in. I'm hoping today will be warm, as predicted, to get a start. One reason it's not in, is my physical ability to do a lot. Another is my budget. I needed, to fence it in which meant fence stakes, fencing, and of course weed cloth so that I don't have to dig the whole bed. My daughter bought the fencing, I bought the stakes and weed cloth. This had to be done because of this guy.


Don't let that face fool you. Of all the wildlife around us, it's Hunter who has managed to dig out a lot of what I planted. Markers are his favorite, but he thinks he can bury his things in my garden, and why not? If I'm digging why can't he? Hunter is growing up, but when I go outside I need to take my vinegar water bottle with me to keep him from jumping on me and I try to give him something to occupy him while I'm out there. It works for a while. Maybe the protection of the fence will allow me to get some garlic planted. 


If you look real hard you'll see Hunter peeking out from behind the gate. He's afraid of the gate, but this is how we get any housework done. It's hard staying ahead of a ten month old puppy, but we keep trying. The funniest words out of my daughter's mouth this past week she had off, was that she had to get some housework done. I laughed and said what? Maybe some day he'll let us just sweep. So, that's what's been happening around the Town House Homestead. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful week, share your blessings, and love one another. 


No comments: