Friday, December 17, 2010

Apron Sewing Thrift






The trend today has gone back to giving things a new use or just using what is already available. I have lived this life for as long as I can remember and when I look around my house I see that most of what I have in it has been renewed.

I was going to start a new blog with my up cycled items listed on it to show what I have done to use old things or bring new things back to life, but this is what the Craft Zone has literally become. Most of the fabric I own and items in the studio are what other people have not used and given or I have purchased so I decided to just keep everything to one blog. I am trying to create a network of blogs and blog friends so feel free to share my blog with your friends and maybe get an idea or two of your own.

Some years ago I was given (yes, given) boxes of sewing materials from an estate. So much that a lot was donated, made into something new for charities, put to use or became something special to me. In the boxes were two hand embroidered apron fronts. The condition of these aprons was excellent so I went to work to make them come alive. I added neck and back ties and lined them and they have hung in all of my kitchens for as long as I can remember. Textile crafts are my love, but I also enjoy being in my kitchen. Aprons are something that combines both of my loves.






No comments: