Monday, December 20, 2010

Vintage Pink Thrift Store Ornaments







It has always been a way of life for me to shop at thrift stores. Even when I travel out of town I try to find them. This find however was from a local thrift store. In an attempt to keep Christmas costs to a minimum, but at the same time be different than everyone else I chose a very cheap white Christmas tree that came complete with pastel lights. Well it seemed like we would have to put up with this frightful tree until....... I found some discounted ribbon, imitation poinsettia flowers of dark maroon and pink to match the ribbon and some off beat glittery who knows what and put it on the tree. Not perfect, but much better than I thought. It would do and fit the budget.


After the tree was up and we were ready to enjoy the holiday season my eldest daughter and I decided to visit some local thrift stores. As usual she went one way and I went the other. I got to a Christmas display and to my surprise was a box of vintage pink Christmas ornaments. Only twelve, but if applied to the front of the tree only she and I would know. Continuing on through the store I met up with my daughter who was so excited to show me that she had found two more boxes of the same ornaments and when I showed her my find we couldn't stop laughing. One box was minus three ornaments, but that was fine by us. Now we put the tree up either in the family room or in a Victorian decorated bedroom and just enjoy our economical and different Christmas tree.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love our pretty little white trash christmas tree!