Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Gift To Someone Else.




The time that I've had lately to sew for myself or charity has been so scarce. I had visitors for Mother's day on Saturday and decided that I would sit down at my machine and do something for someone else. My daughter and I donate to the Linus Project. If you haven't heard of it they take home made quilts or afghans for sick children and young adults at area hospitals. We try to get about half a dozen together and then make sure they get where they need to be for distribution. The fabric in this quilt is from a cutter reclaimed bed sheet and remnants from my stash. I have enough to make one more which will come at a slower pace because of time. This quilt measures 52x48 and will keep some little one a little warmer in tough times. It felt so good to get back to some sewing and to do something for someone else. I can't imagine spending Mother's day in the hospital with a sick child. I was so blessed to have three healthy children and so far healthy grandchildren.

3 comments:

Bijou Sugar-Socks said...

i love this quilt! very fine attention to detail :) and everybody loves sesame street :) and its great that u are giving this to a good cause :)

Sew Inspired said...

Thank you.

Maria said...

What a bright cheerful quilt you've made :-)