Saturday, May 26, 2012

Vintage Textile Craft Learning Books






These nine vintage learning books were found in a box marked "rummage please". I was more than happy to do so. The earliest was printed in 1941. The price was twenty five cents. What a year. In the time of Utube and on-line free instructions these books will some day be totally obsolete. What did we do before the Internet? We used these instruction books. They include sewing projects, knitting projects, crocheting, tatting and home decor ideas. Another is from 1949 several are from the sixties and another from 1975. I've done my share of sewing, knitting, crocheting and home decorating. It was fascinating to look at these books. These are soon to be listed on my Etsy store, butterflyplace.etsy.com so stop by to see what's new and have a wonderful Memorial day everyone.

3 comments:

Jeannie Marie said...

I believe my grandmother had some of these books!

My Creatively Vintage Life said...

Wow I just love these books as I am a vintage/thrifty picker and an crafter/mixed media artist. Great find. Visiting you from www.thepickinpair.blogspot.com and www.mycreativelyvintagelife.com and now following you as well.

Thoroughly Modern Me said...

Love the books. Even the covers are cool.