Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The final vacation blog but still full of goodies.

The Chocolate Barn





This restored 1842 sheep barn has been converted into a barn of chocolate and ice cream. We came across it while driving north from Bennington Vt. on route 7A. Who could resist stopping? Not us. See some of the goodies we got. The dark chocolate is awesome and not showing are the mint malted milk balls that tasted like Girl Scout cookies. You can check them out at thechocolatebarn.com.



Next there was the Apple Barn. theapplebarn.com Located south of Bennington on route 7. Here we found garlic chive cheddar cheese and more venison summer sausage.




Last but not least was Henry's Meat Market (where we found smoked cheeses and sausages of all varieties. Yes we chose a few to bring home for treats with wine and apples over the next few weeks. http://blog.timesunion.com/tablehopping/14719/waterford-version-of-bennington-marketsmokehouse-opening/.



This is how we ate our way around southwest Vermont. We are still able to enjoy this and probably will for a couple more weeks if not longer. However the trip was not over and there was still more historic sites, that I won't bore you with, and thrifting. Maybe some day you'll get a chance to visit this beautiful state and see them for yourself.
This is what I came home with. I usually don't blog about the items I find for myself, but there was a polo shirt that I found and terra cota pots for my herb plants. the rest were drapes to reclaim the fabric and two shade of green fabric. Not too much, but enough for now. Since coming home I've done some thrifting and will blog them in the next few days. Until then please stop by my etsy store butterflyplace.etsy.com and see what's new.





No comments: