Monday, February 10, 2014

Thrift Gift of Fabrics

Thrift shopping was put on hold this past week because of one of those events that happen in life, so these are last weeks finds, but Wow! What a time we are having. Got out a bit while the sun was shining and found linens, which are our favorite things to find, along with a few other items. 


Just so excited about these curtains and pillow shams. I have already reclaimed the lace and salvaged the pleats on the drapes to up cycle. Envisioning a few projects with the remaining fabric.


This is just a few of the sheets we found. We are so addicted to fabric and sewing.


Imagine the thrill of finding NIP vintage sheets. The trip was getting better every minute.


Then there were napkins, a Vera scarf and an embroidered linen just right for a pocket on my up cycled robe. Got to have a pocket.


My favorite fabric find is the beautiful piece of vintage pink floral fabric. Almost silk like, but so Hollywood. I remember fabric of this kind made into wonderful bed covers. The vintage Vera scarf is a poppy pattern and then there's the lovely bowl with it's cover.  A couple of years ago I found four pear shaped dishes that are part of a Lazy Susan set. They were so nice that I couldn't leave them behind because I felt that some one could use them as serving dishes. Who would have thought that a couple years later I'd find the center bowl that matches them, in a totally different place on earth and in excellent condition. I can't wait to put them together, but now the challenge will be to find the wooden base to put it on. Not impossible. I just need to put it out on the radar and it will come.


I just had to show everyone how beautiful this is. Imaging finding the pieces years and miles apart. Currently listed on butterflyplace.etsy.com.

7 comments:

Diane said...

Those sheets still in the package are amazing!

Sew Inspired said...

This picture doesn't even show the best of them. We were excited about them.

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Linens is one of my favourite sections in the thrifts! Awesome - NIP sheets. Wish I could find some of those for the type that I am into.

Happy Hunting!

LV said...

I love all linens. Have so much vintage that I inherited. I have crochet pieces all over the house.

lorraines resources and rewards said...

I love thrifting you found some lovely things thanks for sharing visiting from thrifty friday I'm lorraine at http://lorrainesresources.blogspot.com

Diana said...

Hi! I love vintage sheets and pillow cases NIP! If they have the right amount of cotton, they are so wonderful to sleep on (and sew with). Great finds, Diana

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It is always fun to find great vintage linens and some NIP..wow! Love the lazy susan pieces! Thanks for sharing at TTF!