Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Townhouse Homestead Tuesday

I'm getting ready today to take my tomato plants to a friends home to put in the garden. I have everything ready so when my ride gets here I am set to go. I am very excited to have a place to start gardening and get my skills up to par. 


I got ten pounds of carrots at the farmer's market last Saturday. I dehydrated two loads and froze six cups of cut carrots to add to my vegetable stir fry. It's nice to have them packaged in serving size ready to cut open and add.


After the carrots I loaded the dehydrator with peas and green peppers. This is to prevent loss. I don't seem to eat the vegetables quickly and buying one of anything is so costly. I will add these to those I've already done and let the storage grow. Right now it's just watching things grow outside and taking advantage of the farm market so I can continue to build my pantry. Thank you for stopping by and I'll update this post with pictures of the borrowed garden as soon as I can. Have a great week.

No comments: